Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blog hopes for 2013



Ok, well I am starting on my 1st New Year's goal of starting a blog.  I have been meaning to get a blog going for the longest time but just haven't gotten around to it.  I love making food for people and sharing recipes.  I hate to say it, but I am probably responsible for many diet failures at work.....sorry guys!   What are your goals for 2013?



This is one of my favorite chocolate cup cake recipes.  They are very moist and the frosting is so good that you will be wanting to come back for more.  I have also chopped up Snicker bar and sprinkled that on top of the frosting along with caramel syrup.  ( I will post that another time)

I get my cupcake wrappers at U Bake.  In my opinion, the wrappers are better quality and hold their shape during the filling process.

Chocolate cupcakes

1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/3 cup water
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
1 cup. sour cream
3 whole eggs

Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.  Use the toothpick method to determine if the inside is done.  This recipe was originally created by Rebecca Sutterby.



Chocolate frosting  ( I like the recipe from the back of the Hershey's cocoa can.)

1/2 cup (1stick) butter or margarine. ( I always use butter)
2/3 cup Hershey's cocoa  ( I like to use especially dark cocoa)
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Melt butter.  Stir in cocoa.  Alternately add powdered sugar and milk,beating to spreading consistency.  Add small amount additional milk, if needed.  Stir in vanilla.  About 2 cups of frosting.

             

5 comments:

  1. Oh, no Kelly, this will be MY new addiction, First, I am going to make your cupcake recipe, THEN I will start my 2013 Healthy Living resolution --I do tend to ONLY bake when I can give a LOT of it away, or people are coming over , then NOT too much stays here with me...Can't wait for your next recipe, and I feel like Julie vs Julia (the movie about the blogger who made everything in the Julia Childs cookbook. SO, you have my undivided attention...good luck to you AND me, for the tastiest year EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I hope you have a great 2013! Happy baking as well!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new blog Kelly! It looks great and the first recipe looks delish! I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I thought it would be a good way to practice my photography as well.

      Delete